Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Juvy #2: GOD ENCOUNTER

God is always present, but there are some days that He just shows up in thick, powerful, a mighty ways. Today was one of those days. I was getting ready to preach a sermon as Chi Alpha was singing. As I was studying with great intensity I sensed an unusual heaviness of God's presence pouring out upon the juvenile center. It was at that moment, that I remembered an itinerant friend of mine -Foster- telling me to always be open to what God wants you to do. As I appraoched the stage area to speak I could already feel tears in my eyes before I uttered a word. I set my bible and notes down and spoke with a compassion for theses students that I didn't know I had. I am not sure what the results were at Juvy today. Sure nearly half of the students said that they wanted Christ in their lives, but the most amazing thing was that the students in juvy, the security guards, the choir, and myself left with a genuine undeniable God encounter. It was obvious that today had little to do with us and a whole lot to do with God. It was amazing, It was fresh, It was needed. PTL