Thursday, March 15, 2007

Youth Ranch- Kyle Kaufman

Being completely depleted of energy I knew I needed a fresh method of presenting Christ to a small hurting crowd of all ages. So I tried to lean more on the creative side. I shared the story of Kyle Kaufman. Kyle was a student from our youth ministy who went from an abusive family...to a broken family ... to living in his car... to living with adopted parents...to enrolling at a Christian College... to becoming a Youth Pastor. Kyle has now found Jesus in a real way and is using his story to reach out to many others in similar situations. At the close of my message I had Kyle encourage them on the speaker of a cell phone. I knew I lacked the energy to bring home the message so I let Kyle do it-via cell phone. Some responded to Christ and many were encouarged that God could take someone from "nothing and turn them into something."