Monday, May 14, 2007

BUMP-Domincan Translator


What in the World? I was traveling through Woodland Park Yesterday and stopped to get a drink at the Super Market. When I was going through the line, the guy bagging my groceries says, "Hey, I think I know you." I looked at him closely, he looked familiar but I couldn't place him. He said you are, "Caleb, Do you remember me?" That always creates an awkward moment, then it hit me. I met this guy in another country. It was, "Jose!" one of our translators from the Dominican Republic. I have bumped into many familiar faces here and there, but I think Jose is the first international face that I have ever ran into. He moved to America for the summer and we just happened to be at the same place at the same time. The evangelist Sammy Tippet once quoted that, "the world is a small village." And that comment is becoming more and more true.

What is six billion to God? A reachable number.