Sunday, July 1, 2007

California Camp-the football stud

It was scary to start a camp with a message that declared that I wasn't going to give a salvation message. My ambition wasn't that I didn't want to see people get saved, but that I wanted the students to lead the charge on ministering to their peers. I am not sure if I will continue this practice, but God did create a movement among the students. After my Africa message I gave the challenge to be a follower of Christ. During our closing set of worship Zach, the lightning fast/all-American football stud, ran over to me and said, "I need to get saved, I need to get baptized, I want God more than football...." Zach then committed his heart to Christ and got saved, then he went up on the stage and declared his new faith to the others. After his declaration others followed his example...some repented, others committed their lives to Christ. God used Zach to create a ripple effect among the students. On the same day Zach found Jesus he paved a trail for others to find Jesus as well. Sometimes the greatest evangelist at camp is the "anointed convert," rather than the "appointed evangelist." Praise God. May those that found Christ at this camp become some of God's Mightiest Warriors!