Tuesday, September 18, 2007

An Unusual Soldier emerges

Here is a recent email that I received. I love it when people begin to get a taste of what God can do through them. May Kelsey's story inspire you to "soldier up" for Christ!


Caleb,

I just wanted to tell you about what happened to me today! I was driving through town, had a little time to kill so I stopped at this cemetery cuz it looked so peaceful. (Kinda' morbid I know but keep going!) I was just wandering around praying about some stuff and thinking about the people buried there and their families and stuff, praying for people I didn't even know! I came upon this lady crying and was like ' Lord if you can use me in her life.....' So I went up to her and asked if she was alright. She said she was OK that she just missed her parents. She was 46 years old, her name was Cindy, and her parents both died of cancer about 10 years ago. I asked if they were catholics (it was a catholic cemetery) and she said yes so she at least had the assurance that they were in heaven. Then I said something about even though people come and go God is always there. (I don't exactly remember what I said, it was God speaking thru me and it was really cool!!!!) She said yes! and then began to tell me, she was raised in a catholic home, but in the last few months has started attending a christian church in the area and is soaking it all up! She had just come back from a women's retreat where she learned a lot. She then started to cry again and told me she missed her parents wisdom and advice so much because her husband just left her for another women and is trying to get her to fill out divorce papers and she just doesn't know what to do. I asked if I could pray for her and she said yes so we prayed together and she was crying really hard and it was just SO cool! We talked a little more about her life (she's had some rough times) and about what shes going through. Then I ran back to my car to get my Bible cuz there were some verses I wanted to show her. She just drank it all in and was so excited about the scriptures that I showed her and wrote them all down so she could find them in her own Bible later. Then she gave me her name and asked me to call her and tell her when our church started cuz she wanted to come visit our church on Sunday! She kept saying 'God sent you to be my angel' and it was so cool to be used by Him. Nothing like that has ever happened to me before. Thank you for inspiring me to be an unusual soldier!

Kelsey

P.S. I would love to be a FIRESPREADER if you could send one of the DVDs my way!