Monday, March 31, 2008

Are we even making a Dent of Difference?

Sometimes when you speak at an event you wander if you even make a dent beyond the "emotional high." As a youth pastor I hated watching students slip back into "normal" and now as a speaker I have done everything I know how to do with God to fight this downfall. I have tried to not only take kids to the edge but to actually push them over it by making them apply stuff immediately and hoping that it will take root.

Here is an email I just got that reminded me why I do what I do:

Hey Caleb,
I just wanted you to know how much you touched my life in Florida. It seemed like a God thing while i was there because all of these things were just coming together for me and what I wanted to do with my life. I thought I would let you know that now that were back most of the people are following up on the commitments they made down in Florida. Luke called me with plans last night to start his bible study and I got the word Sunday morning that the trip to Ghana is a go. David and i have been praying about the trip and I feel that it is my calling. Taylor Anderson and myself have decided to take two people under our arms who are just stuggleing right now and just talk to them and be there for them. I see God doing big things with the group that went to Florida and wanted to say thank you because none of this would have been passable without the challenge you presented for us.

Chris Sancho


Praise God for success stories. They may be few, but may be the fuel that keep us pressing forward.