Saturday, March 8, 2008

Oh yeah I have a blog...I almost forgot

Well here I am drinking an orange julius smoothie in Panera Bread's parking lot. I am a rebel when it comes to finding free wi-fi. So much has happened since my last post. Where do i start last hour, last night, or last week. Here is to all 3 in a nutshell.

Last week- On Fire Rallies
teamin' up with Derry is always a good things it fuels my passion and ignites my spirit. It was a privilege to share with his students at the On Fire Rallies. The Lord and I did our best to take them beyond the edge of their comfort-zone. I pushed them probably harder than I have ever pushed anybody...because i know what this group is capable of. We took them to a place where they really appeared to be afraid to go. There was an obvious "fear wall" between them and fully living for Christ. This even caused a night to change total directions during a prayer time. I think on the last night some of the students really got it. They began to embrace the calling of listening and following Christ. Many students sought out opportunities with their friends and at least two students came to Christ through other students!!

Last night- The Gay Bar
I committed to the students that I would step out of my comfortzone for Christ as well by going to a gay bar on Friday night. Sometimes I wander why i say these types of things from the stage. I think it has to do with the fact that "if I don'tlive it, then why should they." I went with four Christ followers last night and we soon discovered that it was Drag-queen night. It was definitely a culture shock but God still provided us with opportunites to minister to these types of people. Yemi even ended up singing kareoke. I ended up tipping a waiter/waitress a large amount of money and telling "her" that "she" was doing a great job. Our conversation turned to "her" old likestyle and then to Christ. Seeds were planted and I can only hope and pray that God will make them grow. "Her" name was Crystal.

Last Hour- Mall
I was walking through the mall and Kaylan, Jenny, and Eric (students from NMC) hollered out my name. The three of them were pumped because they had went to the mall to try to befriend strangers and look for opportunities to serve Christ. They were pushing themselves out of their own comfort-zones. There was no music...it was just them and Jesus. I had a prayer time with them and encouraged them to keep on. THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT! Living out your faith days after the the event. Way to go guys!