Thursday, August 7, 2008

NOTE ON FACEBOOK

Hey somebody listened at Prairie camp. You always wander if people will actually remember anything you say after a camp is over and here is a list of things that Janelle remembered and took away.

So Prairie Camp this year was amazing! It was crazy, random, and fun as usual. I learned alot about myself, about God, about my friends, about life... Here's some highlights from my notes...
I can't just believe in God, I have to follow him wherever he leads me. I have to follow him without fear, without doubt. Basically what God wants from me is a blank piece of paper with my signature on it... and when I decide to follow him, it will cost me everything I hold dear.
This is how Caleb Bislow, the teen speaker, put it: At camp you meet someone new and you think you like them... "if your pinkys touch eachother you'd go phsycho-crazy"... but then a few weeks after camp you just sorta forget about that person. You were INFACTUATED with that person. Now get this... In all of our relationship's with God, there's an inner circle, a middle circle, an outer circle, and no-man's land. And you are in one of those 4 categories. If we want to be in that inner circle with God all the time, and not just when we're at camp or church or youth group, we have to get over that infactuation with God. After camp we're God-high for about 2 weeks... but if want to be die-hard, desperate for Jesus, inner circle relationship with God 24/7, then it has to be a REAL relationship and not just an infactuation.
I learned about the Shema, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength. Love your neighbor as yourself." - Mark 12:29-31, and how we have to live that out in order to be in the inner circle, right there with God. "If we want the breath-taking view from the top of the mountain, we have to be willing and ready to face the challenges of climbing that mountain." - Bill Lepley, adult speaker.
I also learned that like Gideon, if I step up to the front lines of battle, God will give me what it takes to be a warrior for him. In this life, I have to want nothing more and nothing less than to see the world come to Christ... that's all that matters. "Ultimate warriors are called to the RIDICULOUS." - Caleb Bislow.
I also learned about a thing called the 13th Floor. The 13th floor is where all the "bad things" happen. It's where all the disease and filth are. In the bible, this place is known as "outside the camp" (Hebrews 13:13) and it's where Jesus usually could be found. It's where Jesus healed the man of leprosy and cast out demons. But alot of times, you'll find in hotels and office buildings, there is no 13th floor, because people are afraid of what might happen there. So we have to make our own doors to the 13th floor, we have to be like Jesus and go to the places where the "bad things" might happen, the places that aren't "acceptable", the places full of people who might've never even heard of Jesus before.
That's what I got out of Prairie Camp this year... that and alot more. I'm excited to see what God has planned for me this year... Whatever it is, I don't know if I'll be ready for it, but I do know that God will always by my side and will help me through.
Janelle