PYGMIES IN RWANDA
- Their were 137 Pygmies in the area that we contacted
- I nearly teared up seeing these people again
- God allowed us to give the donated clothes to the Pygmy children
- We met a retired french woman who joined us in handing out clothes and she also bought soap to give them as well
- Their is a building near the Pygmy children where they use to go to school but the funding for the school has stopped. It would only cost a $125/mo to get their school going again and that would pay for an approved Christian Teacher.
PASTORS CONFERENCE IN RWANDA
- We met with 30 pastors and evangelist in Rwanda
- Many of them seemed sold on the Unusual Soldiers vision, but we are not sure what the future holds.
- As I met them I found myself with two growing burdens: 1. The thousands of women who have been in the Congo 2. The Pygmies who have been ostracized in the congo
VICTIMS IN CONGO
- rape victims, survivors from the war, orphans, HIV, and the poor are everywhere in the Congo.
- Crossing into the Congo from Rwanda reminded me of the time I crossed into Haiti from the Domincan republic. It was a Night and Day differnce.
- A ministry Called HEAL AFRICA is doing amazing things to restore those in the CONGO. I was amazed when we toured the facility that our translator also translated for Hillary Clinton. Praise God that the USA has not forgotten the CONGO.
- The stories of the Rape victims filled my heart with sadness (see previous post).
PYGMIES IN A CONGO REFUGEE CAMP
- We got to visit Pygmies who had fled the war in a Refugee camp
- The Pygmies are so ostracized that even in a refugee camp they live separated from the rest of the refugees from other tribal groups
- Pygmies are classified by others in Africa as being short, weak, good for nothing people
- We got to do a service to a few hundred people and the Lord's presence seemed to fall upon us. I spoke them about how God sees them: beautiful. Derry shared the story about losing his dad last year and related it to them becasue many had lost loved ones. God also opene3d the door for us to present the gospel and many knelt down and gave their lives to Christ.
PYGMIES IN THE BUSH OF CONGO
- In 2006 Rebel groups participated in trying to annialate the Pygmies from the forest. They eve3n went to the extent of eating their dead bodies because they believed the rebels believed that it would give them supernatural powers.
- Many unreached Pygmy groups still live in the forest of the Congo. They live in major areas of Conflict where US citizens are strongly warned by the embassy not to go.
- When rebels find outsiders in these areas they are known to ask for the outsiders for $5,000 if they want to live.
- One of our translators goes to these areas often to reach out to the Pygmies in the forest. Their need is great and eternity is at stake. It was awesome to meet a pastor of such courage.
It seems that God may be speaking to me strongly about the Pygmies in the DRC and the Rape Victims. Derry seems to have an increased burden for the schooling of the Pygmies in Rwanda. Neither of us have a confirmation from the Lord, but will take some time in America to see if there are any next steps.