Wednesday, December 15, 2010

THE BIG FIVE

The BIG FIVE are commonly known as the top five animals that roam the savannas of Africa.  They are the animals that make you gasp in joy or fear once you see them.  Finding these animals in the bush are the high point moments for any outdoor enthusiast.
1.  The Lion
2.  The Elephant
3.  The Cape Buffalo
4.  The Rhino
5.  The Leopard

When we came upon this lion and "cape buffalo" it was a BIG moment for me in Africa.  I had no idea that we could drive right next to this beast with the windows down.  I still get a chill down my spine when I think about it.  It was a dreamlike moment of fear, joy, excitement, and amazement.

In the days ahead I am going to randomly embark on a  series called "THE BIG FIVE."  The first one will focus on the BIG FIVE decision points that led us to starting Unusual Soldiers.