We went to Romania with two burdens. A burden for the ostracized Roma (Gypsy) people and a burden for those on the streets trapped in human trafficking. Our team also had a far-fetched-dream to one day buy a farm somewhere in Romania that would eventually rescue, restore, and disciple prostitutes stuck on the streets. Now that I look back on that trip I am amazed at how God met all those dreams and burdens.
I will unpack the BIG FIVE later but here is a sneak-peak:
- Helping an eight year old Gypsy girl see for the first time
- Ministering in a home that was rented out as a Brothel
- Descending into a manhole to visit the drug addicts under the streets of Bucharest
- Speaking at Gypsy Churches and visiting a very underprivileged Gypsy village
- Watching Brooke minister to a woman trapped in the vicious cycle of prostitution/drugs
- *BONUS* The Rescue Farm!!