Friday, December 2, 2011

"Princess" Dianna (#1 BIG FIVE)

Both of these beautiful gypsy girls were born blind due to an environmental condition in Romania.  Dianna the one to the right is completely blind.  She has never seen colors nor the faces of her family.  While I was in Romania I discovered that my grandmother had passed away and I had made a promise to my grandma before I left that I would do my best to fight for those suffering in her honor.  Hours after she passed away our team committed to give Dianna's family enough money to have both of her eyes surgically restored.  This shot our budget, but we didn't care.  I could never imagine my daughter living her whole life blind because she couldn't afford a surgery.  It was a cause well worth giving towards and I can't wait to go back and SEE this precious girl after her surgery.