Friday, September 7, 2012
The EXPERIENCE - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
Some of the best moments of the international stage were:
1. Watching the fringe students pray over an Experience student that was struggling with an addiction.
2. Watching many of the students break away from timidity and insecurities as they began to take initiative, specifically: Amberly at the village, Ashley at CMA, Jonathan at the village, Chelsie at the Beach, Biff at the village, Julia at CMA and many others.
3. Learning how God got a hold of Destiny'e life years ago at a camp in Hawaii that I spoke at, and seeing where she is at today.
4. Watching Kirsten come to full realization that she has a voice and that God can use her despite her smaller stature.
5. Teammin' up with my sister overseas.
6. Watching Marcia share her testimony about her leg with a crippled man on the beach.
7. Seeing Lyndsey grow in confidence of who she is and how God made her as she shouted her new name off the balcony.
8. Meeting like-hearted students on the team who sense a call to dark, dangerous, and despised places.